Jägala Waterfall. Photo: T.Kaar
As a result of the project will be formed the overall system of the various models enabling submitting the functional queries by the main users to simplify and enhance the performance of their duties in relation to the information and assessments needed about the status of the water, load on the water and the impact of the measures applied.
Immediate positive results of the project:
- reduces the needed time spent in the preparation and submission of the reports related to EU and other international organizations because the necessary information is acquired by submitting the queries in the overall system;
- decreasing the consumption of the financial resources for the outsourced services made to fulfill and give expert evaluations to meet the requirements given by the EU and other international organizations;
- increasing accuracy required by the special water permit and expected productivity;
- the possibility to introduce potentially harmful environmental users who endanger environmental aims increases and thereby the performance of environmental monitoring activities increases.
Indirect positive results of the project:
- increases the awareness of the users, target groups, persons interested and public about processes occurring in the water environment and the contribution of the different environment users to the degradation of the environment status;
- makes public pressure to the potential environment polluters, detecting and calling them to order;
- instead of describing current problems the research and development activities will find the solutions and describe the suitable solutions;
- environmental information will be more easily available and understandable for public;
- increases the chance of acquiring information about the status of water environment, its load and impact of measures applied for the persons interested;
- increases the quality of decisions, reliability and justification on the water related topics;
- the processes related to the system use will be formalized, acts will be modernized or complemented;
- increases the interest in model system by the potential users and target groups and more people will be correspondingly educated;
- structured datasets are achieved.